TCS Quick Facts
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS), headquartered in Annapolis, Maryland, is a world leader in secure and highly reliable wireless communications. Our patented solutions, global presence, operational support and engineering talent enable 9-1-1, commercial location-based services and deployable wireless infrastructure; cybersecurity; defense and aerospace components; and applications for mobile location-based services and messaging. Our principal customers are wireless network operators, defense and public safety government agencies, and Fortune 150 enterprises requiring high reliability and security.
TCS Quick Facts
- Founded in 1987, TCS went public in 2000 and is currently traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market (NASDAQ: TSYS).
- Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service, and sales offices throughout North America and around the world.
- Focused on enhancing its strategic position in high-growth, solid-margin markets for wireless applications, secure satellite communications (SATCOMs), and cybersecurity, while deepening its intellectual property portfolio.
- FY2014 revenue totaled $360 million.
- Employs about 1,100 professionals, mostly technical.
- TCS holds 388 patents, with more than 300 patents pending as of December 31, 2014.
- Certified ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2005 for commercial/operator (carrier) and government operations.
TCS Industry-Leading Capabilities
- Applications. TCS provides award-winning wireless applications for navigation, mapping and tracking. TCS applications are available on Android, BlackBerry 10, iOS, QNX, and Windows Phone.
- Cyber Intelligence. TCS employs the world’s most experienced cyber professionals, delivering solutions to commercial and government sectors. TCS ensures the security and resilience of client networks and critical assets.
- E9-1-1. TCS is the nation’s premier enhanced 9-1-1 (E9-1-1) service provider, deploying cellular and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) 9-1-1 service to operators nationwide. TCS supports about half of all U.S. wireless E9-1-1 calls, serving more than 140 million wireless and IP-enabled devices. TCS is leading the enablement of text-to 9-1-1, and also leads the nation in emergency services IP network (ESInet) deployments.
- LBS. TCS provides end-to-end Location Based Services (LBS), processing more than 7 billion LBS transactions monthly. ABI Research reports that TCS is the global leader in precise LBS infrastructure.
- Secure Communications. TCS has a 28-year track record as a committed provider of highly reliable, available, and secure communication technologies to meet federal, state, and local governments’ toughest technical challenges.
- Text Messaging. TCS is a U.S. leader in SMS (text) messaging, and has processed over 4 trillion text messages to date.
Sales inquires outside the US:
- Europe +34 67.759.5420
- Africa & Mid. East +971 50.659.0847
- Carib. & Latin Am. +1 703.727.1995
| Contact Information |
Connections that Matter®
Learn about TCS' offerings and markets, narrated by Dick Young, Executive VP & COO
|See more videos from TCS » |