TCS Quick Facts
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications.
TCS Facts at a Glance
- Founded in 1987, TCS went public in 2000 and is currently traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market (NASDAQ: TSYS).
- Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service, and sales offices throughout North America and around the world.
- Focused on enhancing its strategic position in high-growth, solid-margin markets for wireless applications, secure satellite communications (SATCOMs), and cyber security, while deepening its intellectual property portfolio.
- FY2012 revenue totaled $487 million, representing the company's 14th consecutive year of record revenue.
- Employs about 1,400 professionals, mostly technical.
- Holds 328 patents, with more than 400 patents pending, as of November 2013.
- Pioneered the development of wireless applications, including text messaging, location-based services (LBS) infrastructure, Internet content and hyper-local search and public safety services. TCS leadership achievements include:
- First wireless E9-1-1 services
- #1 worldwide in precise location
- #1 in U.S. for text messaging and #3 globally
- Created the world’s first wireless location platform and now serves more than 80 percent of the total U.S. mobile market for commercial LBS service, which generates more than 700 million LBS transactions per month.
- Offers the only TL 9000-certified network operations center (NOC) for wireless and VoIP E9-1-1 services in the United States. TCS’ Space & Defense products and services are AS9100 AS/EN/JISQ9100 certified. TCS is also ISO 9001:2008 certified for both its commercial/operator (carrier) and government operations and is ISO 27001 certified.
- According to a 2012 Berg Insight report on LBS companies, TCS is the only company with a complete end-to-end LBS solution and “TCS is the clear leader in terms of deployments of high accuracy platforms”.
- Successfully completed the first-ever wireless E9-1-1 call over a decade ago. Since then, TCS has deployed wireless and VoIP E9-1-1 service to operators nationwide. Today, TCS delivers half of all U.S. wireless E9-1-1 calls—more than 175,000 emergency calls daily.
- One of six prime vendors awarded $5 billion Army Worldwide Satellite Systems contract for deliveries in 2006 through 2012.
- Earned numerous awards: TCS is a six-time winner of the Deloitte Fast 50 and the Black Enterprise Top 100, a three-time winner of the Greater Washington Technology Fast 50, and a two-time winner of the Maryland Fast 50.
Outside the US:
- Europe +34 67.759.5420
- Africa & Middle East +27 83.304.4411
- Carib. & Latin Am. +1 703.727.1995
| Contact Information |
Connections that Matter®
Learn about TCS' offerings and markets, narrated by Dick Young, Executive VP & COO
|See more videos from TCS » |