TCS Quick Facts
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications.
TCS Facts at a Glance
- Founded in 1987, TCS went public in 2000 and is currently traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market (NASDAQ: TSYS).
- Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service, and sales offices throughout North America and around the world.
- Focused on enhancing its strategic position in high-growth, solid-margin markets for wireless applications, secure satellite communications (SATCOMs), and cyber security, while deepening its intellectual property portfolio.
- FY2013 revenue totaled $362.2 million.
- Employs about 1,300 professionals, mostly technical.
- TCS holds 361 patents, with more than 300 patents pending, as of July 2014.
- Pioneered the development of wireless applications, including text messaging, location-based services (LBS) infrastructure, Internet content and hyper-local search and public safety services. TCS leadership achievements include:
- First wireless E9-1-1 services
- #1 worldwide in precise location
- #1 in U.S. for text messaging
- #1 in Next Generation 9-1-1
- Offers the only TL 9000-certified network operations center (NOC) for wireless and VoIP E9-1-1 services in the United States. TCS’ Space & Defense products and services are AS9100 AS/EN/JISQ9100 certified. TCS is ISO 9001:2008 certified for both its commercial/operator (carrier) and government operations and is ISO 27001 certified.
- Nearly two decades ago, TCS successfully completed the first-ever wireless E9-1-1 call. Since then, TCS has deployed nationwide wireless and VoIP E9-1-1 services. Today, TCS delivers half of all U.S. wireless E9-1-1 calls—more than 175,000 emergency calls daily. Frost & Sullivan named TCS as the leading NG9-1-1 company, based on emergency services IP network (ESInet) deployments
- Offers the only TL 9000-certified network operations center (NOC) for wireless and VoIP E9-1-1 services in the United States. TCS’ Space & Defense products and services are AS9100 AS/EN/JISQ9100 certified. TCS is also ISO 9001:2008 certified for both its commercial/operator (carrier) and government operations and is ISO 27001 certified.
- TCS is a six-time winner of the Deloitte Fast 50 and the Black Enterprise Top 100, a three-time winner of the Greater Washington Technology Fast 50, and a two-time winner of the Maryland Fast 50.
Sales inquires outside the US:
- Europe +34 67.759.5420
- Africa & Middle East +27 83.304.4411
- Carib. & Latin Am. +1 703.727.1995
| Contact Information |
Connections that Matter®
Learn about TCS' offerings and markets, narrated by Dick Young, Executive VP & COO
|See more videos from TCS » |